Friday, July 24, 2009

Harry Potter... etc.

... is stellar. No lie. I adore those books and movies and almost all of their associated merchandise and whatnot. Dear JK Rowling. I heart you.

So i only have one week of work left for the summer, then I'm going on a YSA trip one weekend and then I get to go to New York with my parents and sister for a few days in early August. Then a few weeks after that I'm back to Utah for schoolish things and whatnot.

So I've been thinking a lot about what school will be like this year. Extremely different, one can only hope. I've especially been thinking about living in the FLSR... and I won't lie, I'm kinda sorta freakin out. Everytime I get to thinking about it, I go on this tangent in my mind that involves this daydream about trying to speak Spanish all the time and just... sucking at it. I know this is ridiculous, but it is insanely intimidating to consider. People tell me my Spanish is good but regardless, I'm just not as confident in it. Oh well. We'll see i guess.


In other news, I found out some interesting things about my elbow. I went to the orthopaedist the other day, since my elbow has been hurting waay badly lately. Some days I can barely move it or unbend it, let alone put any weight on it. So I went in, and told him about my break in January, then he examined it in his orthopaedist-y way, and told me that the tendons and some of the ligaments in my elbow are sore and swollen or something of the like. Apparently this is called tennis elbow... and I have it, even though I don't play tennis. Ha. So I got a brace for my arm (they actually have "tennis elbow braces") and I have to go in for physical therapy a couple times a week. It ought to be somewhat interesting. We'll see I guess.

Soooo I am a horrible friend who is horrible at writing letters to other friends in other states and countries! Ohs Noes. I need to jump on that. Seriously. If I don't get a letter to Japan soon, somebody is going to bust a cap at me, even from the other side of the world. Plus I need to send letters to Utah, Arizona, and Washington, and probably a few other places I can't think of right this moment. It has been waaaay too long since my last ones. Poo to being bad at keeping up with letters. Oh well, I'm working on it. I just despise the post office, so I'm always reluctant to go over there.

No comments: