Friday, October 2, 2009

Fun Friday Nights

Tonight I went with three of the other girls from the Spanish house to volunteer as an "investigator" at the MTC. I was sort of freaked out to go at first, because I'd never gone before, but Missy convinced me to go anyways.

So we get there, and Missy ( my roommate and I) are paired together to go and chat with a companionship that is going to go to Chile in 5 weeks. It was their first time teaching in Spanish. They did pretty well, but lets just say that it was a confidence booster for me, because they made me feel really smart for knowing lots more than them. Hahaha... yes.

When we got there, we were given a 'situation' in which we were a methodist family and we had a brother who was a member and had gone to church once before. Since it was Missy and me and we were supposed to be a family, she was like, "You can be the Mom," right before the Elders walked in. I was just like, "Uhhhh... Kay!" When they came in, I was all in character, and was like, "This is my daughter! I have two more kids, They're ten and sixteen, my husband isn't in right now," making up a bunch of stuff on the spot just for fun. Hahaha... It was great. Good fun. Definitely plan on going again.

No comments: