Tuesday, January 6, 2009

yeah, late. suck it up.

My initial intentions when I started writing this were to do the first real post on the first of January You know, the whole resolutions, new year thing and whatnot? False. I am lazy. So I waited until I got back to Utah from Georgia and now, two days into classes, am finally writing. Yay punctuality.

I was just thinking about something today, about how first impressions can kind of suck. Yeah, some people say they are very important in a person's judgement of another, but I don't think they should be. I used ot be really into first impressions, but after several experiences where my first impression of someone has turned out to be a total bust, I've definitely learned. Haha. I think we ought to make a genuine hard core effort to learn more about someone before we pass judgement, especially if that is being made purely on first impressions.

Random Note: I decided that my favorite song of all time in "Such Great Heights" by the Postal Service. It's beat and tune are kind of different from what i usually gravitate to, but the words of this song kind of smack me upside the face and 'pull at my heartstrings' if you will. Here is the first chunk of lyrics:

I am thinking its a sign that the freckles in our eyes are mirror images and when we kiss they're perfectly aligned.
I have to speculate that God himself did make us into sorresponding shapes, like puzzle pieces from a play.
True, it may seem like a stretch, but its thoughts like this that catch my troubled head when you're away, when I am missing you tonight.
When you're out there on the road for several weeks at shows, and when you scan the radio I hope this song will guide you.

:D

1 comment:

Brittani said...

I really like that song too, Erin. It reminds me of Emos though... I don't know why haha. Oh well... good song, nevertheless... they are a pretty good band. Have you heard any of their other songs?