Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Want to hear about the time I got carded at a PG-13 Movie?

Sure you do.

So a few weeks ago I went to see the A-Team at a theatre in Georgia. It was a Saturday night, and the movie started at 10pm.

I was meeting some friends, so I went ahead and bought my ticket at one of those automatic kiosks, and went inside. At the little podium where they rip your ticket, the girl, who was probably around my age, possibly even slightly younger, took my ticket.

She ripped it nonchalantly, but then glanced up at me. Her eyebrows furrowed.

"Uhh... Are you here with people?"

"Yeah, I've got some friends already in the theater, and there's a few more behind me getting their tickets..."

"K... um, are you 18?"

"Uhhhhhhhhhhhh...... yeah!!"

"Um, okay, go ahead, theater's on your right."


SCHWAT???

So I know its not exactly getting carded, but I was somewhat flabbergasted nonetheless.

Mostly, my thoughts were, do I look THAT young? Seriously? Its a PG-13 movie,dang-freaking-nabbit! I'm nearly 20!

I went into the theater and told my friends what had just happened. I was met with a few widened eyes and a lot of laughter.

Someone finally pointed out, "Its probably because the movie lets out after midnight. You know, what with the curfew for kids under 18 and all."

That made sense I guess, but I thought it was dumb nonetheless. I mean, I hope I woud at least pass for, like, 18. A few people have even told me I seem more mature than my age. Then again, they've been guys that I was on dates with... SO they were probably just sucking up.

Honestly, I oughta accept the fact that I look about 15 years old. This whole "looking younger than you are thing" isn't going to be useful until I'm at least 30.

Darn these youthful good looks.

2 comments:

Lelleman said...

I was gonna say you look at LEAST 12, but that's just me.

Deb in GA said...

Watch out for child molesters, kiddo.