Tuesday, April 5, 2011

"Never complain. Never explain." -Katharine Hepburn

Welcome...

To a week of quoting people who are two things I am not:
Wise and Dead.

I haven't been feeling very eloquent lately.
So, since I don't really have a whole lot to say, I have decided to draw from the minds of people much smarter and/or with much more life experience than myself.

And although I may not be clever, I feel clever whenever I can rattle off some of these little ditties.

I would like to start out the week with some quotes from Katharine Hepburn.

I just watched the Aviator for the first time on Saturday night, and the way Cate Blanchett played her piqued my curiosity. So I began to look up more about her, and found that she and I have some similar viewpoints on life.

"I have many regrets, and I'm sure everyone does. The stupid things you do, you regret... if you have any sense, and if you don't regret them, maybe you're stupid."

"If you always do what interests you, at least one person is pleased."


Also, as it turns out, she's kind of hilarious.

"It's a rather rude gesture, but at least its clear what you mean."

"Enemies are so stimulating."

"Death will be a great relief. No more interviews."


She had an interesting, but I think true, view on Love.

"Only the really plain people know about love - the very fascinating ones try so hard to create an impression that they soon exhaust their talents."

"Plain women know more about men than beautiful women do."

"Sometimes I wonder if men and women really suit each other. Perhaps they should live next door and just visit now and then."


She said what she meant, and by golly she meant it.

"Life is hard. After all, it kills you."

"Why slap them on the wrist with a feather when you can belt them over the head with a sledgehammer?"



So I wish you a lovely Tuesday, and in the immortal words of Katharine Hepburn:

"Drive on. We'll sweep up the blood later!"


2 comments:

J. said...

Hi Erin,
In the midst of blog surfing I came across your blog and was wondering if you could help me with a project. For my husband and my 5th anniversary, I'm trying to get pictures from as many different states and countries as I can with a person from that location holding a sign that says
Janae loves Jeff in ____________

I don't have any from Georgia yet and I was wondering if you would do a picture for me?

my blog: jscrapalex.blogspot.com
flickr group for this project: http://www.flickr.com/groups/1617848@N25/members/

Thanks!
Janae
janaepalmer{at}gmail{dot}com

Deb in GA said...

And to quote another famous, albeit fictional, person, "I never explain anything." (Mary Poppins)