Saturday, November 28, 2009

Just want to say.

I'm tired of hearing people criticize faith.

I'm sick and tired of having to listen to your supposedly enlightened and researched, whatever arguments that my faith is ridiculous. I'm tired of having people tell me what I believe. I know what I believe, okay? It is NOT your place to try and put words in my mouth or attempt to tell me what is right and isn't right.

I believe in free agency. That is the greatest gift we have ever been given, whether or not you believe in God. Regardless, we have it, there is no denying that, and you are completely free to say and do what you want. But STOP trying to change my opinion.

You accuse us of being "spoon fed" our beliefs. This is preposterous. I, in no way whatsoever, was spoon fed those things that I know for sure today.

Having faith in religion, in God, in Christ, does not come easily. You say that we take it as the easy way out, so we don't have to explain anything in life. Thats the most ridiculous lie. It is harder, especially in the society and world we live in today, to keep up a faith in our Heavenly Father than ever before. Everyday, people like you chastise, accuse, and belittle us because of our faith. So how is that by any means the easy, convenient way out?

I have come to determine for myself that my Heavenly Father lives, and that his Son lived and died for us. I know this better and with more firmness than anything else I have ever known or been taught in my entire life. I learned it on my terms. I didn't just automatically believe every little thing I was told as a small child. Especially as I got older, and went to college, I had to discover for myself, on my own, based on my own experiences and hardships. Oh, and don't try to tell me that you have to go through so much more than I do. Because its simply not true. Everyone has problems and issues in their life, man. Don't take the selfish route out and blame those around you instead of learning and dealing with it for yourself.

Oh, and how dare you try and take down your own close friends. They love and care for you more than anything in the world, and yet you belittle their beliefs on a regular basis. I don't know how they stand it. Have you absolutely no respect?? They LOVE you, man, and yet you still try and make them change their minds about their most fundamental beliefs by pointing out "coincidences" and "flaws" in their faith. I don't EVER see any of them trying to make you change your mind or beliefs. That's because they RESPECT you. So why can't you them?

I really hope you change your mind one day.

Even more, I hope you decide to stop trying to criticize my faith and come to realize that there is nothing you can do to shake it.

No comments: