Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A Romantic Evening with Dog and Criss


Tonight, after dealing with some pent up frustration and venting, I did the following:

Ate a piece of cake

Took a bubble bath

Helped the Father sand down our newly repaired front door

And settled down for a night of television viewing.

The viewing on the television was selected by the Father, who turned on A&E. To our good fortune, Dog the Bounty Hunter was on.

Now, Dog the Bounty Hunter is a family favorite around my house. And when I say around the house, I mean mostly between the Father and I, who enjoy it immensely, sometimes accompanied by the 13 year old brother.

To our even better fortune, After an hour and a half of Dog viewing and enjoyment, a new episode of Criss Angel: Mindfreak was due to premiere. What luck!

It sounds romantic, doesn't it? A chocolately desert followed closely with an evening spent in the company of two rather manly men. Right?

So here I am, on my couch in my house in Georgia, yelling at my television in frustration.

I love watching Criss Angel. Love love love love LOVE it.

But it makes me SOO ANGRY.

I don't like not knowing things. Now, I acknowledge that there are a lot of things I don't know, but when people flaunt what they know/can do without

PAUSE.

Criss just started giving a little ditty on the most famous magic trick: sawing a woman in half.

He's sitting there staring at the camera, and he's explaining that this is one of the most difficult and well known tricks out there. Only when he does it, he doesn't use boxes curtains, covers, etc. And I quote:

"I go through a lot of women. ....Any volunteers?"

followed by a coy little smile and a wink.

I literally just raised my hand in my empty living room. I would soooooooo do that.

SWOON.



ANYWAYS.


So. When people flaunt what they know/can do without my knowing or understanding it, it drives me UP THE FREAKING WALL.

I find it INCREDIBLY frustrating, not knowing the secrets to their little magic tricks and slight of hand thingies, let alone the big things like making people disappear cutting girls in half, and all that jazz. I just don't get it, and I want to. I really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really reallyreally reallyreally reallyreallyreallyreallyreally really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really

well, you get the picture. I really want to know how they do it.

I remember back when I was a lot younger, probably around ten years old, that there was a masked magician guy on television who would do magic tricks and stunts, then stop, re-do them and explain as he goes through how exactly he did it, how the trick was done.

Why doesn't anyone do that anymore??



Dear Criss Angel:

I love you. I have a big fatty fat crush on you, regardless of my mother's disapproval.
But you drive me insane.
Oh well. What is love without a little insanity?

Affectionately,
Erin.

No comments: