Friday, January 27, 2012

I have a fun new nickname.

Let me spin you a tale.

The summer that I moved into my current apartment complex, I used to hang out with all guys all the time. They were easiest to make friends with, and I didn't know my roommates very well yet... so it worked out. Guys have always been easier to be friends with anyways.

On the fourth of July, a group of us were at the ward pool/volleyball/water ballooons party, and took a break to go inside the lodge and watch some baseball game on TV. One of the guys, Murph, threw himself on the ground and demanded, "Erin. Give me a massage."

After some protesting, I gave in, and was rubbing his back when he promptly yelled at me,

"Geez, Erin. You have bird hands."

What?

This year, a couple weeks after halloween, a guy I knew came over to my apartment. We were just sitting and chatting, and he was talking about massages. I told him that I have been told I'm not very good at massages, because I have, quote, "Bird Hands." A few minutes later, he flops his leg up on top of me and says irreverently,


"Will you rub my calf with your bird hands?"

Needless to say, I did not oblige.



So I would like to beg the question, what is it exactly that makes my hands "Bird Hands?" Last time I checked, birds do not have hands. Am I right?

Well when you google image search "bird hands," a few interesting pictures come up. Here are a few of my favorites.

Nope... I don't think this one applies to me.


Spirit Fingers? Jazz hands?!




 Oh dear heavens. Please tell me this is not what my hands look like.



Not long ago, my roommate was telling her boyfriend about these two stories, when he apparently decided to refer to me almost exclusively as "bird fingers." He claims it is a term of endearment.

Suuuuuuureeee.

He also occasionally calls me "Mom."

I'm still not sure how to take that.

No comments: