Sunday, October 24, 2010

Things about Utah that make me giggle.


"I feel good 'cause I got milk on sale at the store"
becomes
"I fill good 'cause I got melk on sell at the store."

Overhearing this conversation at Macey's:
"Look, strawberries are on sale right now!"
"Oh yeah, I love these! Don't you just love stuff like strawberry jam?"
"Actually yes, you know, fruit preserves are on sale right now too, first aisle over there!"
"Oh, but I just love making jams, don't you? There's nothing that can replace that homemade taste!"
"Uh... but... you could just... buy it. Thats sort of a lot easier."

Also overhearing this on campus:
"I would have held his hand, but I'm looking for a serious relationship right now, not just a fling. I need to start thinking about getting married, you know."

Getting asked about "biscuits and gravy" almost every single time I talk about Georgia.

The fact that my freshman year roommate's ex-boyfriend's sister is married to David A. Bednar's son.
6 Degrees of separation, anyone? :D

The first thing that anyone I'm reconnecting with says to me is, "How's the dating world treating you? Are you seeing anyone?"

If the answer is yes: "So, gettin serious maybe? Is marriage in the future?? Have you met the family yet?"

If the answer is No: "Well... you can always go on a mission."

Getting frowned at for wearing a skirt whose hem lands slightly above my knees.

Two words: Bridal Expos.

Two more words: Cupcake Boutiques.

Need I say more?

4 comments:

Deb in GA said...

That dating stuff at the ripe old age of what? 20? Yeah, you old crone ◄--you... ;)

Caroline Williams said...

"The fact that my freshman year roommate's ex-boyfriend's sister is married to David A. Bednar's son.
6 Degrees of separation, anyone? :D"


ahaha...gack.

Tiffany said...

I'm going to admit that I read this at work.
and laughed out loud at the 6 degrees of separation. And am now getting very odd looks.
Totally worth it. I kind of adore you.
Can I please go on a cupcake boutique date with you?

Brittani said...

hahaha. Oh Caroline. How I miss you. But not that ex-boyfriend. Gag.