Sunday, February 7, 2010

Dear people of my complex:

I'm gonna need you all to stop hooking up with each other.

No, seriously.

It's getting to be a little more than nauseating.

And if you're going to be obnoxious and cuddle like idiots, please have the decency to do it in a different room than the one I am trying to clean because my roommates are too incapable of picking up after themselves.

Really though. Quit it. You're making me sick.
--Erin.



Perhaps this would be a good time to mention my feelings about Valentine's Day. It is drawing nearer, after all, and becoming blaringly obvious.

I found this quote once from Chelsea Lately in a copy of Cosmopolitan. I feel like it sums it up pretty well.

"I have never been a big fan of Valentine's Day. I don't have anything against the day itself; I just don't think its a very nice day. My boyfriend and I don't need a special day to celebrate our relationship. I think its plain rude that there's a day reserved for people who are in love. What about the people who aren't in love? They don't get a special day. They get happy hour, but that's every day, so it isn't really that special."

Can I get a "Amen?" Yeah. I agree completely with this.

I don't have anything against anyone who is in love or in lust or all over each other or whatever, honestly I don't. I just don't want it flaunted in front of my face like our freaking commercialized world does so very well.

All in all, I am grateful for one thing during valentine's day:

Them big ol' Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Hearts.

SO. EFFING. GOOD.

1 comment:

Jules AF said...

I'm thankful that this year's is on Sunday, so I don't have to have plans. I can hide in my house all day. yay.